Volunteer | Intern | Jobs
Asheville Community Theatre values and welcomes diversity in its workforce, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals based on job-related qualifications and the ability to perform a job. ACT does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, religion, race, skin color, age or disability in any of its activities or operations.
Work with Us at Tanglewood Summer Camp 2021
We are so excited to welcome campers and creators this year for 2021’s in person Tanglewood Summer Camp. If you have been a part of Tanglewood in the past, camp structure will be a little different this year. Details on each position can be found by following the links below and filling out the application. Scroll down below the application links for more on the protocols we will be following to ensure camp is a safe experience for all. Please read the information included in applications before sending questions to Amanda Klinikowski, Education Director at [email protected]. Feel free to pass this info along to anyone who may be interested. We can’t wait to see you!
All Applications are due Monday May 17, 2021
Youth Camp Instructor and Advanced Camp Instructor Application – teaching experience is required
Teacher Assistant and Stage Manager Application – all applicants should be eligible to work in NC
Junior Camp Assistant Application – *NEW POSITION* Internship with travel/food reimbursement of $80/week
Covid Protocols for Camp include but are not limited to:
- Classes will be limited to 12 students or fewer for Youth Camp and 15 students or fewer for Advanced Camp.
- Everyone will follow the 3 W’s: Wear a cloth mask over your nose and mouth. Wait 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Social Distancing and Masks will be required at all times for all individuals in ACT buildings or on ACT grounds.
- Masks will be worn covering the nose and mouth by all.
- Designated mask break areas will be utilized outside and students will be allowed short supervised mask breaks away from other students.
- Students should plan to pack water, a lunch, and snacks if needed as snacks will not be provided by ACT in order to reduce points of contact.
- ACT is implementing increased and updated filtered ventilation and open doors when students work inside.
- Temperature checks and screening questions will be required before camp participants and staff are allowed to enter the building or come into contact with others.
- Common surfaces such as tables and chairs will be cleaned frequently.
- Hand wipes, hand sanitizer, and/or hand washing will be required when entering any new space for class.
Asheville Community Theatre does not discriminate in employment or practices on the basis of age, race, sex or sexual preference, religion, national origin, disability or physical handicap.
Artistic Team Positions:
If you would like to be considered for an artistic position (director, music director, choreographer, designer) for a future Mainstage or Tanglewood Youth Production Class show, please email your resume to Chanda Calentine. We look to hire people within the WNC region, and do not provide stipends for travel or lodging. We are accepting resumes on a rolling basis to include in our files, and will contact you should a position become available.
Productions in our 35below season are proposed by and produced by individuals from the WNC region. We are currently not accepting applications for 35below, as we are unsure when we will be able to reopen that space due to COVID-19. Please check the 35below page on our website for more information.
ACT is a volunteer-driven theatre where everyone is welcome! If you’re enthusiastic about learning a new skill or sharing your talents with us, we’d love to have you!
We hold Volunteer Orientation sessions throughout the year. Sessions usually last about one hour.
We currently do not have any upcoming sessions or volunteer opportunities scheduled due to COVID-19. To be updated about future volunteer opportunities, please subscribe to our bi-weekly e-newsletter!
Note: Asheville Community Theatre policy prohibits participation by anyone on any sex offender or sexual abuse registry to any activity sponsored by Asheville Community Theatre. The only exception is being a member of an audience of an event sponsored by ACT.
We have been able to tailor internships based on individual requirements. If you’re interested in connecting with Asheville Community Theatre about a possible internship, please email Chanda Calentine, our Artistic Director.