COVID Policies and Info
Asheville Community Theatre is abiding by all state and local guidelines in regards to COVID-19.
Asheville Community Theatre (ACT) Covid Policy – revised April 27, 2022.
Asheville Community Theatre will look to the guidelines of the State of North Carolina, the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners, and the CDC as a baseline for creating a safe environment during the pandemic. This policy will be reviewed and may be modified at any time.
Thank you for helping Asheville Community Theatre to maintain a safe space in our community!
When Seeing A Performance:
Audiences will be required to wear masks at all times while in the Mainstage Auditorium. Any audience member(s) not willing to wear a mask will be asked to leave and their ticket(s) will be refunded. Mask wearing is optional in the ACT Lobby.
Other actions we are taking to remain safe:
• HVAC systems in the Mainstage theatre and lobby have been inspected by multiple engineers who have ensured that we have proper ventilation for public performances; improved indoor air quality featuring increased air flow, MERV 13 filters, fresh air ventilation throughout building, and installation of o-zone free Atmos BPI Filtration, a bipolar ionizing filtration system.
• Emphasis on paperless ticketing at the Box Office with PDF and mobile tickets available for every ticket purchased online or in person.
• Concessions are closed for the time being. No food or drink allowed inside the theatre auditorium.
• The first two rows of seating are blocked off so that the audience is placed further back from the stage.
• Mainstage Season shows have been selected with small cast sizes.
Cast and crew members: To participate as a cast or crew member at ACT, proof of vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption is required. All cast and crew members are required to wear a mask at all times while in the building, except for vaccinated cast members who are on stage for performances and tech rehearsals. Anyone with a valid exemption will be required to wear a mask at all times, including while on stage for performances and tech rehearsals.
The only exception to this is for short term events and/or rentals that do not require rehearsal time (ex: film screenings, panel discussions, etc).
All other volunteers: Volunteers will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the theatre. The exception is the ACT lobby where mask wearing is optional.
When Enrolling in a Class or Camp:
Masks are optional for Tanglewood Summer Camp as schools are no longer requiring masks.
Masks are required for all adult classes.
For the remainder of the Spring 2022 semester, masks are required for all classes and performances by youth under 18 years of age, per the guidelines outlined in the ACT class offerings.