Front of House Staff
This job reports to: Patron Services Manager (PSM)
The following positions report to this job: Volunteer Usher
This position is part time, hourly (non exempt) and scheduled based on the Asheville Community Theatre show schedule. Event Management Staff is cross-trained at all three roles; House Management, Concessions, and Floating. You will fill one of these roles during performances. This position is responsible for managing the front of house and concessions before, during, and after the show. Must be 18 or older in order to serve and sell alcohol.
Key Tasks, Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages front of house operations and concessions for all mainstage shows and for 35below shows as assigned
- Supervises volunteer ushers, including but not limited to, delegating assignments, leading pre-show logistics meeting, and checking name tags
- Manages closing procedures, including but not limited to, locking the building, audience coordination, and usher coordination/ dismissal
- Oversees the distribution and collection of theatre hearing devices for patrons ● Other duties as assigned
- Completes all concession sales, and checks IDs for alcohol sales in accordance with ABC Board
- Conducts concession stand prep and closing procedures, including but not limited to, setting concessions display, cash reconciliation, and recycling/trash
- Monitors concessions stock and reports low inventory and reports to PSM ● Other duties as assigned.
- Assists with pre-show box office operations, including but not limited to, selling and reprinting tickets
- Assisting with patron questions
- Acts as secondary concessions during intermission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge required for the position:
- Proficient with computers, ability to learn point of sale operations on ticketing software (PatronManager) and concessions sales system (Square)
- Verbal customer service skills;
- Ability to problem solve
- Organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask ● Basic math and cash handling skills
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs (event setup includes moving boxes of wine, beer, playbills, etc.)
Key Success Factors and Interpersonal Competencies required for position:
- Must be able to interact well with the public, and effectively manage patron complaints/concerns that have been elevated by an usher volunteer or concessions
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and/or unexpected situations
- Has ability to self-manage and can listen to direction; works well on a team Performance Measures used to evaluate effectiveness in position: ● Effective event execution and training/management of volunteer force ● Timely arrival for event work shift
- Overall effectiveness in engaging with the public
- Accuracy in the reconciliation of cash deposits
Email your resume to Patron Services Manager (PSM), Joshua Runkles at [email protected]
In lieu of phone calls, please use the provided email address for all inquiries.