ACT’s Response to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Updated: March 17, 2020
Asheville Community Theatre will be closed for the foreseeable future. We are unable to know when we will be able to reopen. It is our intention to reschedule any upcoming event; we also understand that this may not be possible.
Here’s what we do know:
- All performances, rehearsals, classes, auditions, volunteer trainings, and any other activity scheduled to take place in the ACT building from now until May 1, 2020 have been cancelled.
- We will reassess as time moves forward and we have more knowledge about when it will be safe to be in large or small groups together
- We already cannot wait until that next jubilant gathering!
During this time, our staff will be working remotely. You can reach any of us through email – so don’t be a stranger!
We are also working on ways to bring you interesting, fun, and creative content. Because when life gives us lemons, you know we’re going to turn those into Lemons! The Musical!
The Staff of ACT
If you have tickets to a performance scheduled between now and May 1, 2020, our Box Office staff will contact you directly – either by email or phone – over the next week to ask your preference regarding your purchase.
We ask for your patience as we navigate this process.
With your purchase, you may choose to:
- hold your ticket to exchange until future dates are known (Little Women only)
- donate your ticket purchase to the theatre as a tax-deductible donation OR
- request a refund for your ticket purchase
If you are financially able, we invite you to donate your ticket purchase. As you can imagine, this will be devastating for arts organizations who rely on ticket sales to stay afloat. Your donation will help ACT to weather this unfathomable storm and be ready to reopen when we’re able to be back together again.
Note to ACT Subscribers: You will receive a specific email regarding your Flex Pass Tickets for Little Women.
- If your child is currently enrolled in Frozen Jr. or Peter Pan or in Youth Acting, Youth Improv, or Youth Filmmaking, you will receive an email from Amanda and Chanda.
- If you are currently enrolled in one of Tom Chalmers’ Improv classes for adults, you should have already received an email from Amanda and Chanda.
Return to all posts >