Volunteer | Intern | Jobs
ACT is a volunteer-driven theatre where everyone is welcome! If you’re enthusiastic about learning a new skill or sharing your talents with us, we’d love to have you!
We hold Volunteer Orientation sessions on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00 pm. The next dates for orientation are Monday, November 6, 2017 and Monday, January 8, 2018 at 6:00 pm. In the meantime, please email Carina Lopez, our Volunteer Coodinator, for more information!
Note: Asheville Community Theatre policy prohibits participation by anyone on any sex offender or sexual abuse registry to any activity sponsored by Asheville Community Theatre. The only exception is being a member of an audience of an event sponsored by ACT.
We have been able to tailor internships based on individual requirements. If you’re interested in connecting with Asheville Community Theatre about a possible internship, please email Chanda Calentine, our Program Director. Internships tend to be volunteer and can be in costumes, with our summer camp or more.
Box Office Manager: Asheville Community Theatre seeks person to manage theatre’s box office.
• Expert management of ticketing system: building events, performances and classes in system; maintain accuracy of patron box office records and provide box office reports. PatronManager ticket experience a plus.
• Provide excellent customer service, sell tickets and handle patrons and volunteers in a professional and friendly manner.
• Oversee and support box office staff and volunteers
• Schedule house managers, concession manager and box office staff
• Provide backup support in box office during performances as needed
• Manage concessions for theatre including purchasing and inventory management
• Provide office administration as needed including: purchasing supplies, office equipment (copier, postage meter, phone system)
• Attend weekly staff meetings
Position is full time, $15 per hour and includes benefits
Send resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.